Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lessons(417)

          The end of the season is a very emotional time for all the students involvement in the show choir program, but most of all, it is emotional for the seniors. As of this very day the is nothing like show choir in college besides choir. So this is a chapter in their book coming to an end, and depending on the type of season they have had that may be hard to cope with. And with my show choir career coming to an end, I thought this would be a good time to write about what show choir can teach you, but what it has definitely has taught me. 
           It has taught me to persevere through tough times. There are practices that would have people wanting to pull their hair out. People having disagreements about the most trivial dance moves could cause a riot in the whole group. So it taught me how to get through situations that are very annoying. There were also times when the results wouldn't be what we wanted but we couldn't just quite after that. We had to keep going, we had no choice. I'm glad we did though, it has made so many great experiences. One more way it has taught me to persevere is; my sophomore year I didn't make it into show choir, but not making it caused me to just work my butt off to make it the next year. 
          It's taught me that it's not all about winning. I know, it's cliche, but there is no other sport or activity that taught me this lesson more, especially this year. There were a few performances that we got off stage and fly like such a close group that had performed their hearts out that it wasn't necessary to win. We did not care. We liked that we got to perform as a group. 
           It taught me how to b a part of a team. In most sports if a person is missing, it's not very noticeable. A coach would just put a different kid in, but in show choir you can't do that so much. We all have certain spots and certain partners. If someone is missing it is noticeable. So you have to be a huge team player. You also have to boost your teammates up. 

           Show choir is not just an activity. It teaches kids how to get through tough times, how to persevere, and many more lessons, a teacher could never teach in a classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment